Available for download (Ajax build, others) The 0.4 release contains many exciting new features, a whopping 529 bugs closed, and the initial release of the long-awaited documentation tool, with inline API documentation that will continue to improve with follow-on releases. These improvements will make Dojo appealing to entirely new audiences and will bring Ajax applications to a new level of acceptance as a first-class user environment. Some of the highlights include:
- dojo.a11y: the foundation for accessibility (a11y), implemented in some of Dojoâ€™s widgets in 0.4 with more to follow in 0.5. Dojo strives to provide keyboard function as well as integration with high-contrast mode and screen readers for the visually impaired.
- dojo.charting: A charting engine to implement a variety of chart types using vector graphics
- dojo.gfx: a 2D vector graphics API which renders natively to browsers as SVG or VML
- dojo.i18n: a follow on to the translation support in 0.3.1, there is now build support for collecting localized resources in a single file as well as support for localized date and time formatting. More formatting types and more localization to come in 0.5.
- dojo.lfx: major improvements, such as chainable animations
- dojo.namespaces: support for extensible widget namespaces and an automatic widget manifest loading feature.
- dojo.widget: new widgets like Clock, FilteringTable, ProgressBar, plus enhancements to Editor2 and the AccordionContainer. Also localization of some widgets, such as DatePicker.